Virtual training gives learning professionals unprecedented flexibility, making it possible to reach participants globally and unite physically dispersed teams. However, designers and facilitators must adapt their programs and delivery styles in order to be effective in this new medium.
- Make the most of virtual classroom features such as content and screen sharing, annotation tools, polls, and breakout rooms
- Weave chat responses into the discussion
- Compensate for the absence of body language
- Monitor feedback
- Engage individuals with different learning styles
- Encourage audience contribution
- Meet the unique needs of global participants
- And more, including icebreakers and interactive exercises designed for an online environment, this book helps readers create programs that truly drive learner engagement.